VISION BOARD 2K18

Yesterday I attended a vision board party planned by my good friend and aspiring party planner, Saxon Walker. I was excited to attend, it was going to help me in multiple facets of my new year’s resolutions.

I noticed before that seeing my vision board daily must’ve subconsciously pushed me towards last year’s goals. The visual representation reminded me of what I chose to accomplish throughout the year and kept me focused on the change that I wanted to see.

When I wrote about resolutions before the onset of the new year, I learned that those who share their goals with others tend to hold steadfast towards reaching their objectives throughout the year. The vision board party served as the perfect outlet for finding and becoming accountability partners for all my friends. We all sat down and spoke about our goals from last year and how well we accomplished them. Then we turned our sights towards this year.

The most common goals included working out, eating well, traveling, and positivity in relationships. I split my board into four sections and filled it with images that depict the categories. My four aspects of my life that I want to see change are health, hobbies, love, and career.


I’ve placed the board next to my bed where last year’s board resided. It’s a lot to take in, but seeing these images helps motivate me and has already begun to act as a helpful reminder. When I’m bored and just lazily laying in my bed, I can look over and catch a glimpse of an image and turn my focus towards achieving what it means to me.


I’m excited, motivated, and can’t wait to put my best foot forward with my goals this year!

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

#NotMyAriel?!: 10 Times White Actors Portrayed Real-Life Characters of Color

The National Museum of African American History and Culture

Disparities of Cherry Hospital - Asylum for the Colored Insane